Odunayo Eweniyi is the co-founder at Piggybank.ng
She is also the Chief Operating Officer at SharpHire Global Limited, the organization behind Push CV, Piggybank and a new product in the pipelines.
Piggybank is an online savings platform that securely makes saving possible by combining discipline plus flexibility to make you grow your savings to reach your savings target.
The idea of Piggybank was born out of the desire to do something for people after they had gotten jobs (Push CV). The next logical thing was…how to help people save their salaries.
Odunayo is a Computer Engineering first class graduate.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- How she joined SharpHire Global Limited immediately after graduating. She turned down a regular 9-5 job and decided to take her chances with a startup. Why did she make the decision?
- Why Odunayo thinks investors need to take more risks with startups.
- Piggybank came as a result of the team wanting to do more for people after PushCV. There was a defining moment on social media. Call it the “lightbulb” moment. Find out what it was.
- The culture of Piggybank is humanity. Being careful with customer service. How has that helped piggy bank so far? And how can it help your business?
- In 2016, they had saved 26 million Naira on the Piggybank platform. By the end of 2017, almost 1 billion naira had been saved! What was responsible for the spike in growth? Listen to find out!
- SharpHire has 6 co-founders. How easy has it been running their businesses? There are tons of lessons you can pick from their structure.
Selected Book from the episode
Connect with us